Nobody creates a fad. It just happens. People love going along with the idea of a beautiful pig. It’s like a conspiracy.- Jim Henson.
Under the direction of Kermit the Frog, the Muppets work in the studio control room and, amidst chaos, manage to keep the show on the air. Throughout the show, a romantic triangle develops among Miss Piggy, Ritter (who is smitten with the pig) and Hamilton (who is deeply uncomfortable with the star’s romantic inclinations).
- Miss Piggy demonstrates her aerobic “Snackcercise routine”.
- Hamilton and Miss Piggy appear as King and Queen of The Luau at a Polynesian-style ceremony.
- Ritter assists consumer advocate Miss Piggy in the segment “Don’t Take It Lying Down Sucker”.
- Vegas-style entertainer Clifton sings a medley of pop songs and show tunes.
- Kermit becomes jealous when Miss Piggy performs a love scene with Hamilton as Cary Grant.
- Miss Piggy sings a solo rendition of “You Light Up My Life” and leads a musical salute to the year.
- Hamilton sings “Three Times a Lady” to her, and joins her for a medley of standards and love songs.
As the program concludes, Miss Piggy throws a tantrum and walks off the show after arguing with the network vice president about whether her show is a special or the pilot for a series. She laments, “I’m too delicate for show business.”